Free Shipping on orders of $60 or more!
April 05, 2020
3 Tbsp butter
1 yellow onion diced
3 celery stalks diced
1 Tbsp minced garlic
2 whole carrots diced
2 Tbsp Gindo's Original
6 Idaho potatoes peeled & diced
3 green onions diced
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
8 Cups low sodium chicken broth
1 C heavy cream
1 C milk
3 Tbsp flour
1 1/2 Cups fresh grated cheddar or Irish farmhouse cheddar cheese
1/2 lb bacon ( applewood smoked preferably ) cooked until crispy and chopped
1. In a large stock pot over med-high heat combine onions, celery, carrots, garlic and butter. Simmer until onions become translucent, stirring occasionally.
2. Add potatoes and 1 Tbsp of Gindo's Original, season with salt and pepper and cook for 10 minutes.
3. stir in broth and last Tbsp of Gindo's Original, bring to a low boil and cook for 20 minutes. Until potatoes become tender.
4. Stir flour into the milk and gradually add to the soup along with heavy cream.
5. Cook for another 10 minutes until potatoes are fork tender.
6. Use an immersion blender and puree until smooth. if you do not have an immersion blender, transfer soup to a blender and then puree.
7. Stir in cheese until completely melted. Taste, add salt and pepper if needed and serve. Garnish with crispy cooked bacon and diced green onion.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
August 01, 2021
July 17, 2021