Free Shipping on orders of $60 or more!
December 10, 2021
1 lb chestnuts
2 Tbsp clarified butter
1 tsp minced garlic & shallot
1/4 C Gindo's Original
1/2 C chicken stock
3/4 C cream
1 tsp Gindo's Italian Bread Dip
1/2 tsp gr. nutmeg
1/2 C grated parmesan cheese
salt & pepper to taste
1. Add 1 Tbsp clarified butter to a saucepan over medium heat. Once pan is evenly coated add garlic, shallot, Gindo's Italian Bread Dip, nutmeg and saute until fragrant.
2. Add Gindo's Original sauce and simmer for 2 minutes. Add chicken stock and cream and bring to a low simmer. Cover and let simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Add parmesan cheese and stir until incorporated. Remove from heat and let cool. Season with Salt & pepper if needed.
1. Score all chestnuts with an X using a sharp paring knife.
2. Once fire has burned down to a firm bed of coals, place chestnuts in a large cast iron pan and place on bed of coals.
3. Roast over coals for 10-12 minutes stirring occasionally.
4. Remove chestnuts from fire, let cool and peel off shells.
5. Place cast iron pan on medium high heat burner, add remaining Tbsp of clarified butter, pinch of sea salt and cracked pepper. Once warmed add Gindo's cream sauce, simmer briefly, plate and serve with spoons. Enjoy!
Comments will be approved before showing up.
December 22, 2021
November 12, 2021