Free Shipping on orders of $60 or more!
June 08, 2020
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Med onion chopped
1 Tbsp minced garlic & shallot
1/4 C Gindo's Original
1/4 tsp ground allspice
2 Tbsp tomato paste
1 (28 oz) can whole tomatoes with juice
4 to 5 Tbsp brown sugar
1/4 C apple cider vinegar
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp minced ginger
1. Heat oil over medium heat, then add onions and cook until they are softened / lightly browned. Add the garlic, shallots, allspice and ginger. Cook stirring often for 2 minutes
2. Add tomato paste and cook, stirring often until paste turns from red to a burnt orange color. About 2 minutes.
3. Add the can of tomatoes with juice, 4 Tbsp brown sugar, 1/4 C Gindo's Original, apple cider vinegar and a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir and taste to see if you need to add more sugar.
4. Bring to a slow boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes until sauce is shiny.
5. Blend until smooth, let cool to room temperature, then refrigerate for up to one month.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
October 17, 2021
September 26, 2021