28 oz can whole plum tomatoes
3 Tbsp tomato paste
1/2 C red wine
1/4 C Gindo's Original
1 Tbsp minced parsley
1 Tbsp minced basil
1 yellow onion chopped
1 Tbsp minced garlic & shallot
1 Tbsp clarified butter
2 Bay leaves
1 Bunch sprigs of thyme
1. In a large saucepan combine olive oil and butter over medium heat. Once the butter has melted you can add onions and saute for 2-4 minutes.
2. Add garlic, shallots, tomato paste, Gindo's Original and red wine. Bring to a simmer and reduce until sauce appears slightly thickened.
3. Once sauce has reduced add tomatoes, basil and thyme. Stir and add salt and pepper to taste. Bring sauce back to a simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and transfer sauce to a blender or blend together using an immersion blender.
5. Return sauce to burner add bay leaves and thyme sprigs, return to a simmer for 15 minutes.
6. Remove from burner, let cool, remove bay leaves and thyme sprigs, transfer to a jar and refrigerate for 24 hours for optimum flavor. Sauce will store for up to 1 week in your refrigerator.
Comments will be approved before showing up.